Our International Student Program has been designed to promote diversity and foster global citizenship. Placements are offered to qualified students who wish to join us for a year, or portion thereof. Students from around the world will be selected for a limited number of placements based on their academic and social contributions.
Coast Mountain Academy (CMA) offers a unique opportunity for international students to attend a Canadian independent school in one of Canada’s most scenic and pristine environments. Located at Quest University, in the town of Squamish, British Columbia, CMA is a school with a difference! Only forty minutes north of Vancouver, CMA is situated in the heart of Canada’s outdoor recreational capital. Mountain biking, hiking, skiing, extended expeditions and rock climbing are all part of our student experience.
Our Canadian and International students interact with teachers in seminar-styled classrooms and all subjects integrate Enriched Experiential Education (E3) activities. Hiking local mountains, participating in estuary surveys, and sharing community service opportunities are all aspects of our program. Our proximity to Vancouver affords students access to one of the world’s safest and most livable cities. Forty minutes in the other direction are the world-famous Whistler and Blackcomb mountain resorts, home of the 2010 Winter Olympic games.
How to apply to CMA
- Complete the International Student Application form. Name the file (Student Surname, Student First name – International Student) and email application to CMA Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Along with the electronic application, send certified IELTS/TOEFL results. CMA is not presently able to offer ESL support and an IELTS score of 5.5 is required to ensure that the student is capable of independent academic study in English.
- An online interview with the CMA Admissions Director will be completed, via Skype. If a student position is offered by CMA, parents should contact the nearest Canadian Embassy/High Commission to apply for student visa. The application process will continue once a student visa is obtained.
- Pay tuition and apply for BC medical insurance.
International Student Fees (CDN $):
- International School Application Fee: $350
- CMA International Student Tuition: $22,500
- Enriched Experiential Education (E3) Fee: $1,250
- Uniform: Approximately: $300-400
*All fees are quoted in Canadian Dollars and are subject to change.
We look forward to your questions and comments. Please contact us at any time so that we can share with you our vision for education in the 21st century.
Whistler-Blackcomb Resort Municipality is best known for co-hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics. The twin mountains offer spectacular opportunities to enjoy year-round activity and adventure.
The Squamish community is located at the northern tip of a glacially etched fjord on the Pacific Ocean, surrounded by a spectacular mountain backdrop and nestled within a temperate rainforest.
While this sea-level port city is known for its temperate climate, the surrounding snow-covered slopes are perfect for winter sports and breathtaking views of the city twinkling below.
Mountains, oceans, lakes, rivers and beaches – this region boasts them in breathtaking abundance and beauty.