International Student Program
Our International Student Program has been designed to promote diversity and foster global citizenship. Placements are offered to qualified students who wish to join us for a minimum a one academic year. Students from around the world will be selected for a limited number of placements based on their academic and social contributions.
Coast Mountain Academy (CMA) offers a unique opportunity for international students to attend a Canadian independent school in one of Canada’s most scenic and pristine environments. Located at Quest University, in the town of Squamish, British Columbia, CMA is a school with a difference! Only forty minutes north of Vancouver, CMA is situated in the heart of Canada’s outdoor recreational capital. Mountain biking, hiking, skiing, extended expeditions, and rock climbing are all part of our student experience.
Our Canadian and International students interact with teachers in seminar-style classrooms and all subjects integrate Enriched Experiential Education (E3) activities. Hiking local mountains, participating in estuary surveys, and sharing community service opportunities are all aspects of our program. Our proximity to Vancouver affords students access to one of the world’s safest and most livable cities. Forty minutes in the other direction are the world-famous Whistler and Blackcomb mountain resorts, home of the 2010 Winter Olympic games.
How to apply to CMA
- Complete the online New Student Application form.
- Submit required supporting documents along with the international student application fee of $250.
- CMA is not presently able to offer ESL support. Proof of an IELTS score of at least 7.0, a TOEFL score of at least 90, or a Duolingo English Test score of at least 115 must be submitted to ensure that the student is capable of independent academic study in English.
Once all documents and the application fee are received an admissions interview will be scheduled with the CMA Head of School and the Director of Admissions. The interview can be conducted either in person at CMA or online via Skype, Zoom, and Google Meet.
We encourage all parents and guardians to contact the nearest Canadian Embassy/High Commission to apply for a student visa early in the application process. Proof of a student visa is required before an international student can be enrolled at CMA.
International Student Fees (CDN $):
- International School Application Fee: $250
- CMA International Student Tuition:
- $25,500 (Grade 7, 8, 9)
- $26,500 (Grade 10, 11, 12)
- Enriched Experiential Education (E3) Fee: $1,300
- Uniform: Approximately: $300-400
*All fees are quoted in Canadian Dollars and are subject to change.
We look forward to connecting with you. Please contact us with any questions.