What is it that makes CMA stand out?
Coast Mountain Academy is a co-educational day school whose primary goal is to support the wholistic development of students through a diversity of teaching strategies. These include:
- Teaching faculty and learning venues that emphasize academic rigour, challenge, and engagement;
- Smaller class sizes to ensure a greater familiarity and more dedicated interaction between teacher and student;
- Longer class periods that facilitate programming for varied learning styles;
- Scheduling that supports cross-curricular learning opportunities.
- Students actively engage knowledge in a variety of learning venues specifically designed to support their existing strengths, while also challenging them to pursue new skills, broader perspectives, and deeper meaning.
Time-tested teaching philosophies meet dynamic innovation
Coast Mountain Academy is dedicated to applying time-tested educational philosophies in its provision of relevant, high-calibre academic curricula. Our unique style of new contemporary education is informed by findings from academic research combined with a measure of dynamic innovation, carefully applied to meet the needs of an evolving youth culture experience.
Students engage in regular cross-curricular experiential education (see E3), service-learning projects, and leadership initiatives designed to equip them with the capabilities to become compassionate contributors at our school and beyond. Simply stated, we at Coast Mountain Academy endeavour to graduate inspired leaders with the exceptional academic, social, and emotional preparedness common to conscientious and successful global citizens.