Come see what all the excitement is about….
What is a DAY@CMA?
A DAY@CMA is an opportunity for students from any school or academic background to join us to experience what a typical day feels like at Coast Mountain Academy. Visiting students will have the opportunity to join in classes, ask questions, and share in the stories of our current students.
We host regular DAY@CMA events and are always open to setting up individualized opportunities that fit best with parent and student schedules.
What does a DAY@CMA look like?
Right away, students will feel a difference when they come to CMA. Our smaller classes and collaborative teaching methods make for a very engaging class experience. Whether it is indoors around our boardroom-style Harkness tables or sitting in a circle around a fire in the woods, students are motivated to be integrated, interactive, and invested in their learning.
The Schedule for a typical DAY@CMA is as follows:
8:20 – Visiting student drop off
8:30 – PE starts
9:30 – Math
10:30 – Class TBD
12:00 – Lunch
12:45 – Class TBD
2:15 – Class or OE3
3:15 – Students dismissed
Students will require:
- Business-causal attire. (khaki or dress-style pants, button down or golf shirt, blue or dark non-hooded sweater.)
- Physical Education clothing (shirt, shorts, sweater/jacket for outdoor activities, outdoor athletic shoes.)
- Waterproof Jacket and Pants and a hat for OE3. Our activities take place outdoors RAIN OR SHINE and students will require appropriate clothing to be able to participate.
- Writing utensils, notebooks, etc.
- Internet-enabled device. (Computer, Phone, iPod, etc.)
- Packed lunch or money to purchase food at the Quest cafeteria, reusable water bottle, and snacks.
- Completed Informed Consent and Publicity Release forms.
- Inquiring mind and positive attitude.
We encourage any interested families to contact us for more information on full- or half-day DAY@CMA programs.
For more information or to confirm your seat at the next DAY@CMA, please call Tracy Keeling, Director of Admissions at 604-390-3262 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to sharing our school with your family.
“It was a great day! Drew Palm declared it ” the best school day ever!””Tina Palm, Visiting Parent
“Seeing our classes bursting with energy was incredible for me. The visiting students integrated so well and all of the faculty were impressed with their engagement.”W.B. Gooderham, Founding Faculty
“The day was awesome! Thanks to everyone at CMA for making it a special learning experience. Nic loved it!”Conny Millard, Visiting Parent